June 29, 2012

Tatted bookmarks

Hi All - Yes - I am still here - been really busy the last few weeks in my studio - back in April I participated in a tatted bookmark exchange - I decided to look on the internet for some inspiration and visited a tatting blog which I go to regularly - Singtatter and saw a picture of a bookmark called "Floral Vine" - I couldn't find a pattern so I "blew up" the photo and printed it in black and white and drew up my own pattern - I made the first one (the pinky purple one on the far left) but fell in love with it and didn't want to give it away LOL! so I then made the next one from the left - dark green and orange and that is the one which now lives in South Australia - I received a beautiful one from the lady in return but haven't taken a pic of it yet - when I do - I will post it on here :D I have not done a huge amount of tatting and I have never used 2 shuttles before -so actually learned something new :D

2 comments:

Tiger C said...

Really nice Britt, the two colour combinations look great.

Susie said...

Would you be willing to share the pattern you did discover? susiearnholt@writeme.com