March 22, 2012

Textile project from a photo
















At the February meeting of ATASDA (Australian Textile Art and Surface Design Association) we were given a challenge - to choose a photograph (there was about 10 different ones to choose from) and then to do something from it in various mediums - textile/paper/ combination etc....Well I chose the photo in the top pic - I know it was taken by Penny (one of the workshop co-ordinators) I think it was taken at Binalong Bay, Bay of Fires, Tasmania. As I have also been following The Sketchbook Challenge - (I have been working on it in my sketchbook for my own amusement :D) - I decided to combine the two themes (February sketchbook challenge theme was "Close up") so I "blew" the pic up a bit, masked off some of it- did a painting and then set about turning it into something" textiley!"..... pics of which will be in my next post ..... ;D ...stay tuned :D

1 comment:

Tiger C said...

That's an interesting challenge, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.