January 6, 2010

London pics and Applique ATC's
















Here is the next installment in my UK trip last August and a craft pic - this is the hotel I stayed in - it's in Queensway Street in Bayswater, London -a dinky little hotel - it is the pink building in the pic - my room was at the very top (attic!!) in the centre - it had the tiniest "cupboard bathroom" - a round loo! little basin and shower - but was clean and just right for me all on my own.... colour digital TV up on the wall - tea/coffee facitiies - everything I needed and at £68 (AU$ 119) per night for central London - brilliant -a 3 min walk to Bayswater Underground station with a Tesco's supermarket opposite it (selling the necessaries like wine and chocolate haha!) - or a 6 mins walk to Queensway station ..... I actually walked out everywhere in the mornings but went by underground back in the afternoon to the hotel - I was too pooped by then haha!
I purchased an "Oyster card" for the under ground before I left Australia and it was great - the train from Heathrow to Bayswater station only cost £2.20 (AU$ 3.85!!!) and other short "zone 1" trips were £1.60 (AU$ 2.80) instead of £4 (AU$ 7.00) if you pay cash in the station! - a great saving - I still have around £7 (AU$ 12.25) on it! and it doesn't expire yay! I am keeping it safe for next July when Hubby and I plan to go together. The other pic is of 4 ATC's which were made from a bag of tiny scraps that I accumulate near my sewing machine - I hate throwing anything away - you just never know when you are going to need it! LOL ! They are embellished with tatted "flowers/bushes" and sequins and beads! The one at bottom right is still available if anyone out there wants to swap? - I wouldn't want to meet the "giant" ladybird on it if it was to scale though! haha!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

love those ATCS lovely landscapes and what a good idea..like your blog