January 9, 2010

Russian Bobbin Lace Mat and park pics
















Hi All
I am off to my Saturday arvo Lace Group in a minute - our first meeting for this year - so just have time to pop a blog entry on here - as some of you know I am also a member of an online (Aussie based) Lace Group - Gumlace - and I promised I would put an up to date photo of my Russian Mat which has been "on the go" for over 5 years- it has spent a lot of time in the cupboard including 10 months of last year! as I was working on my Triennial competition piece from early 2008 until Sept 2009 ..... and with all my travels last year - it has been sadly neglected - however it is currently the only Bobbin lace I have on the go (actually the only lace I have on the go - my 2 needle lace pillows are also empty!) - all my other 14 bobbin lace pillows are empty!!!.......... most unusual as I usually have 3-4 pieces of lace on the go - one of which is usually a wire piece!
So here is a pic of the matand I will be plodding away with it this afternoon at the group....

The next photo is the next instalment in my last Year's UK trip - this is Kensington Gardens and an 8 minute walk from my hotel .... the 3rd pic was taken in the adjoining Hyde Park -It is The Lido where people were swimming (amazing to this Aussie resident - it would have been way toooooo cold for me!) - in with all the ducks etc hehe! .....Talking of swimming - we had a pool blanket fitted on our pool on Wednesday and the water is now 29.5°c so I went in yesterday for the first time this season - hopefully I will be able to swim a lot more often now that our big below ground concrete pool (hence why it used to be sooo cold and take sooo long to heat up!) has a blanky hehe!
Warm thoughts to all of you "up there" with all that snow .... brrrrr memories of Southern England when I was a kid.... I DON'T miss the snow at all!

4 comments:

Jane said...

They are still swimming in it even though we have sub zero temperatures and it is frozen with a blanket of snow everywhere. They must be mad!

Guzzisue said...

love the lace :-)

Ann said...

Beautiful lace, don't know how you do it, it's so delicate.

Pene said...

I'm a bit behind reading your blog, but hope to see more progress on the Russian mat soon. I also enjoyed the time I spent in Kensington Gardens 18 months ago now! Stay cool!!