November 28, 2009

Needle Lace Kit and Needle Lace Pillow


























Hi All
Yep - I am still here - I hope to have more time for the computer from today which was the Cattern's Day Annual Lace Fair here in Perth, Western Australia...where I sell the bobbins which I paint ... I have lots of photo's to load from the last few months but I haven't had time so far as once I have loaded them on the computer I then have to compress them and name them and it all takes time...
In the meanwhile - here are a few pics of my Needle Lace Travelling Kit and tiny Travelling Needle Lace Pillow - The first pic shows the Pillow at the top and the Kit at the botton in the closed position. Pic 2 shows the Kit open - the pocket at the top left holds a little container to put spare "Couronnes" in (Little needle lace flowers) and also a tiny pair of tweezers. The pocket at the bottom left is of course for embroidery scissors.... in the centre is sewn 2 little sealable plastic bags in which I store the cardboard floss bobbins of Cordonnet threads and the actual thread for the needle lace and also a contact lens container in which I keep a random selection of tiny beads to incorporate into the lace and any other little things necessary (Like fine wire to help make picots).... on the back inside at the top is a detachable needle case (attaches with velcro) and in the bottom right pocket I keep the sewing thread for couching and a couple of my own homemade leather thimbles... Basically in this tiny case I have everything I need for a needle lace piece. The final pic chows the Needle Lace Pillow in the "open" position - out of the carry bag and you can see a little matching pin cushion on the end....

3 comments:

Pene said...

You must be so busy, Britt, not to have posted on your blog recently. I hope that you like my angel.

KC said...

Hi,
I am learning how to do needle lace and really like your traveling kit and pillow. Could you post or send me more instructions on how to make them?
Thanks.

KC said...

What I meant was how did you make your pillow and what size is the kit?

Thanks.