September 15, 2008

Daffodil Purse
















Hi All - I had a fabulous time the weekend before last - down at the Lace weekend in Albany. My friend and I stayed in a 2 bedroom unit which really nice and we hope to stay there again next year. I prepared my needlelace pieces for the upcoming Australian Lace Guild Conference AGM week next week... I fly to Brisbane this Sunday early. I am really looking forward to it and catching up with my interstate Lace friends! I have been really busy this past week and weekend getting things ready for teh conference and as I am away for an additional week straight after I have had quite a lot to get sorted. I am still madly varnishing a final batch of bobbins and spent an hour and a half this morning labelling another batch!
Here are a couple of pics of my Daffodil Neck purse under construction ... it is finished now and I will be wearing it during the conference week... the Daffodil is Elizabethan style embroidery and there is of course tatting added for extra "pizzazz!" ... well I have lots to still do but must go now and get dinner ready or else the family will be "revolting" (tongue in cheek! haha) :-D

5 comments:

Jane said...

The daffodil purse is stunning, I love looking at it

Unknown said...

I like your idea of using tatting to frame the applique,

Genie said...

Beautiful Work,
have a good trip

Pat said...

This is so pretty. I look forward to seeing the finished purse.

artisbliss said...

This will be lovely.