January 4, 2008

Beautiful Roses


Hi - I rescued these 4 roses today ... I say "rescued" them as today was a cooler, breezy 31°c but it is going to heat up over the weekend and the forecast for Monday is again 40°c! So I thought I would bring these lovely blooms in so they don't "fry"! The rose is from a plant that my sister bought us back in April 1996, from a local nursery, when she first visited us here in Australia from the UK. It is called "Sheer Bliss" and was a new breed of rose for that year. You can also see 2 of my little Dottee dolls which I made back early last year hanging on our TV unit! I finished cutting up my "Stitch" magazines today and they are all re "comb" bound ...all the interesting bits ... still have to get around to doing the same to all my "Australian Lace Guild" Magazines ... gotta cut out all the patterns and prickings that I may do one day (haha)! and get rid of the bulk of the rest ... ads, random articles etc...

2 comments:

Pat said...

What beautiful roses, such delicate colouring. I have a bloom on my climbing rose but it was too high to photograph properly. Mine would probably appreciate a bit of your warmth as it shouldn't be out at this time.

Stitchety Grub said...

Hi Pat
These roses actually don't have a lot of petals like most of my other ones and they they smell heavenly ... 2 of them went in the bin today as they have "gone over" but the other 2 should be ok at least until tomorrow.