August 10, 2007

From "Duster" to artwork!




Hi
Here is a pic of one of the dusters which Pat at
http://alteringthoughts.blogspot.com/ sent me back in mid March. I ironed tiny bits of polyester "fluff" stuff which I bought for a couple of dollars onto it (I think I mentioned this in previous blog entries) then added Angelina fibres, stuck it between "glad Bake" paper and ironed it -then free motion embroidered it with metallic thread. Next I will add some bits of various knitting wools ... and do a bit more machine embroidery then embellish with bits of my hand made lace, sequins, beads etc ..... I will use some of it to make ATC's for the upcoming Australian Lace guild Conference swap ... If there's anyone out there in "blogland" reading this who would like to exchange ATC's with me please do get in touch :-D - there is supposed to be a display of ATC"s at the conference as well as the swapping going on but all I have is one card which the lovely Pat sent me when she sent the duster package and a set of 9 made by the Lace Guild Committee gals last year which I was lucky enough to win.... I am so "behind the eight ball" when it comes to ATC's mainly 'cos time has been scarce this year! I have lots of embroidery projects planned for after this years conference ... the teaching side of things is a great consumer of time!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Looking good, I love the mix of colours. I would like to swap an ATC with you, any particular theme? If I had a duster one do you think that would make it the most travelled ATC in the world?

Unknown said...

I will swap you an ATC!

Send me an email and I will return it with my address. doublecatbatik@sbcglobal.net