July 11, 2007

Encrusted Beaded Zip Necklace


I have just been snoofying around in this computer and found a pic of me wearing my Encrusted Beaded "Zip" necklace - 'cos it's made using glass beads it is quite heavy - so I made a second one in creams/browns and golds which is in plastic beads. I love how plastic beads are made so much better nowadays ... a lot of them don't even look like they are plastic!
The idea wasn't mine ... a lace friend came to visit from the Aussie Eastern States and a friend had given her one as a pressy ... I wasn't the only one who just had to have one - there were about 7 of us at my lace group who all made one and we all wore them on this day to our Xmas celebration!

4 comments:

Leslie Hawes said...

That is a fabulous necklace. How extremely clever. I can feel the A-ha! moment that happened when the idea came to mind. Brilliant.

Jennifer Rose said...

That is so pretty! Love the colours. :D Does it still zip up??

Stitchety Grub said...

Hi Jennifer no it no longer zips ... it did for a while but I got carried away with the beads haha! LOL :-D

Maureen said...

Looks GORGEOUS!